More than half of Kiwis made purchases online in 2012, and the favorite device was a laptop or tablet.
- - Half of all Kiwis made an online purchase in the 12 months before the survey.
- - Almost half a million people spent between $100 and $500 online in the four weeks before the survey.
- - Two-thirds of recent Internet users engaged in social networking in the 12 months before the survey.
- - Over three-quarters of 15-24-year-old Internet users accessed music online.
- - Half of all Internet users aged 15-44 years used the Internet for reading.
This and more information about NZ Internet usage can be found in the Household Use of Information and Communications Technology Survey - April 2013.